Non-refundable deposit* — Due to the complex preparations for hot air balloon rides and our commitment to safety (which may result in weather-related cancellations), a non-refundable deposit is required, if your ride is canceled more than 3 times or if your ride is a one-date opportunity only we will refund your deposit upon request.
Booking Fees – In order to have a well-performing booking system the company that supplies and supports the system does charge a booking fee to all guests that use the system. That fee is 8%, if your ride is canceled more than 3 times or if your ride is a one-date opportunity only we can refund that amount upon request. If you do not want to pay this fee please call our office at 317-863-0318 and we will help you book your ride!
Our policy for applying that deposit is listed below, please read carefully.
- If WE cancel your flight due to weather or other reasons, we will reschedule your ride and your deposit will carry over to the new booking. If canceled 3 or more times we will refund the deposit upon request.
- If YOU cancel your flight for any reason at least 48 hours in advance, we will reschedule your flight and your $100 deposit will carry over to the new booking.
- If your flight is canceled due to weather, we reschedule based on your availability and our openings.
- If you cannot reschedule right away, your deposit will be valid for 2 years.
- If you cancel your flight with a 48-hour notice and request a refund for fees paid, we will refund all fees paid minus the $100 that is not refundable. This administration fee will remain as a credit for any flight with us for a future flight.
- If you cancel with less than a 24-hour notice you will be charged a fee of 50% of the total booking amount. This applies to gift certificate flights as well or you can forfeit your certificate instead of paying the 50%.
- If you fail to show up at the launch site with no notice, the entire fee amount will be due or you will forfeit your certificate.
- If your flight is for a one-time only date, please make us aware of that prior to booking!
If you are booking a shared ride with 2 or fewer passengers, we may need to change your date and will make you aware of the change no less than 3 days in advance (this is very seldom an issue), this is due to operational cost. We will, of course, make the change fit your schedule. If you are booking 3 or more passengers or have booked a private ride, this does not apply.
Unless you booked a private ride, your flight will be a shared ride – there will be other passengers in the same basket (maximum 6 passengers in addition to the pilot). For most flights, we will be using our basket that holds the pilot plus 6 passengers.
If you booked a private for 5 , 6 or 7 people there is a small chance we may not have that balloon open even if the system states it is (this is a system fault we can’t fix at this time). If this does occur we will contact you ASAP and offer another date or refund your deposit paid. For a 7 person ride we are limited to 1200 lbs.
Weather is always a factor with ballooning and for safety reasons, the conditions do have to be ideal.
- A few days before your flight (normally on Monday) you will get an email from us about your flight with a weather update, meeting location, balance due and other needed details.
- If the weather doesn’t look good or we need to change the meeting location we will contact you the day of your scheduled flight with updated information.
What to Bring
- Feel free to bring handheld camera equipment.
- Due to limited space in the basket, we recommend handbags; backpacks and large camera bags remain on the ground. The baskets are designed to carry passengers, not luggage.
What to Wear
- Passengers should wear outdoor clothing that is comfortable for the particular season and the time of the flight.
- Dress for being in fields (for landing) by wearing full shoes or boots and long pants. Please NO open-toed shoes, high heels or skirts.
- Morning flights may encounter dew or wet covered ground. For winter and cool weather flying, we recommend wearing layers. Put on as many as needed to remain comfortable. You can always remove a layer or two. It will not be noticeably colder in the air.
- For summer flights we suggest a hat or head covering. During takeoff, you usually feel the radiant heat from the burner.
All passengers must be in good physical health, capable of climbing in and out of the basket
- Must be at least 42″ tall and over the age of six.
- Any passenger under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian in order to sign the boarding pass at the time of flight.
- Able to stand for at least one hour (unless wheelchair basket is requested and available) and capable of walking a distance of up to 1 city block at a leisurely pace.
- Able to withstand a jar or jolt upon landing, equivalent to jumping off two steps or about 20″.
- We cannot accommodate pregnant guests.
- Individuals with heart conditions, back or hip problems, weak knees or ankles, fainting spells, recent surgeries of any kind (within 6 months) or currently under the care of a physician, please provide us with this important information. Your pilot & crew need to know for your safety and flight arrangements. Anyone with doctor’s limitations should contact your physician. We consider your safety first.
- Passenger’s weight is extremely important. For your safety and the safety of others that may be on board, please supply the most accurate weight when making your reservation. If your average weight is over 225 per person, contact us prior to booking.